Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A Bittersweet and Sweet Weekend



Though the past weekend seemed rather uneventful, its significance was somehow important to me.

Last Saturday was the 40th day since Papa's passing while Sunday, the 9th of October, would have been Mama's 67th birthday. I commemorated these by going to a nearby church, lighting candles and praying for them. I would have wanted to go to the memorial garden and pay them a visit but decided otherwise due to the inclement weather. It was quite bittersweet realizing that this would probably be the happiest birthday of Mama in at least seven years since finally, she can celebrate it with Papa. Just the same, I still miss them both.

Anyhow, it's nice that my weekend ended on a high note when Sunshine remembered that the 9th was also our 17th monthsary and surprised me with a simple yet sweet gift, a chocolate bar! Sweet-toothed that I am, I was utterly overjoyed and touched by his gesture.

Can it get any better than this?!? You betcha! Hah!






Creative Commons License

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Thank you for open-minded

Empress Maruja said...

what a sweet gift. i wish i have a partner like him :)