Tuesday, September 13, 2005

All About the Sunshines



I got a very pleasant surprise this evening from my one and only Sunshine . . .

To celebrate our 16 months together (Yes, we celebrate every month), he gave me a mini scrapbook he made himself and he entitled it All About Us.

It contains stuff that I never knew he kept since the time we started going out. From wrappers of cigarettes & chocolates to movie stubs, a tag of a shirt I gave him, my business card, a cellphone prepaid card, a part of a wrap of a gift I gave him for his birthday and a complete list of every movie we've seen together. Along with some funny captions and little sweet nothings, it was a collection of things most of which I may have taken for granted. But they were apparently important enough for him to keep.

It was so romantic to realize that he spent so much of his time making this scrapbook and how much he values little things we share.

Indeed, how sweet it is to be loved by My Sunshine!


Romeo and Juliet, they never felt this way I bet!






Creative Commons License

7 comments:

Mama Mouse said...

That is what love is ABOUT! Thinking of the one you love and doing sweet things for them. Things that THEY will appreciate!

My husband have never done anything quite like that (though I'd LOVE it) ... but he does things for me every single day that are fabulous and shows me that he cares!

I'm happy you have someone that cares for you in that way! It is VERY special!

Anonymous said...

awwwwwww! that is so damn sweet! :) so lovely to hear that Love and Romance are still very much alive...

and thank you, rocco, for dropping by my site and leaving your kind comments - you brightened my day considerably.

.. and yeah, the 80's were pretty cool (although looking back on the fashions is pretty bloody scary!)

hmmm - how appropriate: am listening to a Madonna mega-mix while tapping this out :)

hope that Life is being kind to you and Your Sunshine.

San Francisco Guy said...

Sweeeeeeeet!!!! They don't make them like your sunshine anymore, so hang on to what you got! Pwede pahiram? Once in a while lang...pang special ocassions. Charing! See you two soon!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet! Happy Anniversary.

Fuckkit said...

That's actually really sweet.

*wishes I'd saved some stuff like that to give to my partner*

Stay happy ;)

My Blog

Anonymous said...

It’s getting near dawn,
When lights close their tired eyes.
I’ll soon be with you my love,
To give you my dawn surprise.
I’ll be with you darling soon,
I’ll be with you when the stars start falling.

I’ve been waiting so long
To be where I’m going
In the sunshine of your love.

I’m with you my love,
The light’s shining through on you.
Yes, I’m with you my love,
It’s the morning and just we two.
I’ll stay with you darling now,
I’ll stay with you till my seas are dried up.

Sunshine of Your Love
By eric clapton, jack bruce and pete brown

AKA Cream

Nan said...

Congratulations on the 16 months :D Awwww this is such a sweet entry !