Tuesday, July 11, 2006

MEGA Up-Close

Filed under Sharon Cuneta | Television


I had a Mega-wonderful weekend last Saturday when I went with my friend Jheck (a fellow Sharonian AND Madonnista) to SM City-North Edsa for the album tour of our idol Sharon Cuneta to promote her latest CD Isn't It Romantic?.

Thanks To Gikagik.multiply Despite the heavy rains, I trooped to the mall determined to have my first chance to get my Sharon CD's personally autographed by and have my picture taken with our Megastar (I've had several encounters with her already but had never been photographed with her yet). I got there past 2pm with my Romantic and Sharon Sings Alcasid albums in hand but was informed that in order for me to get a seat in the venue, I HAVE to buy the CD from their booth. It's a good thing that I don't have yet a copy of the All I Ever Want CD which was also available there. Luckily also, the place was not filled yet with fans so we got good seats while we waited for a couple of hours and endured some supposedly fun games and activities while waiting for Ate Shawie's arrival.


But the wait was definitely worth it! Sharon arrived excitedly and gleefully greeted her fans with her usual warmth and energy. She no longer performed a song and just said a few words before she started signing autographs. After waiting another several minutes for my turn to have our CD's signed, I finally was right in front of Sharon as I handed her my three CD's. Here's pretty much how my 'conversation' with the Megastar went (as I remember it):

Me : Hi, Sharon!

Sha: Hi! Awww, that's so sweet! You got all three! Thanks so much!

Me : (Starstruck as expected!) By the way Sharon, congratulations and thanks so much for the episode you did on 'Gay Pride'. I really loved it! It was very empowering!

Sha: You did? Thanks! You know, some of the most intelligent people I know in and outside of showbusiness are gays. One of my best friends is even a lesbian and she's in a commited relationship and when she got sick with cancer, hindi siya iniwan. She stuck it out with her! Amazing, no?

Me : Yup! It's really possible!

When she finished signing the covers of my CD's, she handed them to me and gave me a quick hug and kiss and thanked me again for my support! Yup, Sharon Cuneta kissed ME!, for crying out loud!!! Much thanks to Jheck for bringing his camera and capturing this amazing experience. Now, I have something to show my friends of my close encounter of the Mega kind!


click to enlarge

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge


As if that was not enough, I was texted by Jheck yesterday to inform me that we were invited by the members of the Sharon On-line fans' club to attend the taping of Mega's talk show Sharon. It happened to be the episode paying tribute to her millions of fans and her very first "Fans' Day On-Air". Naturally, I wasted no time preparing for yet another chance to see Sharon in a rather historic occassion.

Thanks To Gikagik.multiply After meeting up with Jheck and the other Sharonians, we went to the ABS-CBN studios for the taping. It was so surreal to personally see the actual Sharon set which I have only seen on TV. It was also fun to be with fellow Sharonians and be given this special episode by Sharon herself. After waiting for some time for the taping to start, Sharon finally emerged on stage and sang "Shine" as her opening number.

She then after started to speak about what the episode is for and chatted with the audience, her guests, her staff and pretty much everyone else in the studio. I have already read and heard about it in many interviews but witnessing her at work proved one thing, the girl CAN talk! There was no dull moment the minute she came out and she kept on rambling on just about any topic that comes to her mind. It was even more interesting to listen to what she had to say during commercial breaks than her interviews with her guests.


We were informed that the episode would be aired the last week of July and even now, I already can't wait to see it. Who knows, the camera may have passed us also and I'll have another chance to see myself on TV again. Narcissism is such necessary evil! Hah!



You make me shine...
like the stars in the heaven...

- Regine Velasquez, Shine








Creative Commons License

2 comments:

*eLLe* said...

was here :)

wow i'm happy for you po dahil nakita niyo in person yung idol niyo =)

frenchy said...

I think Sharon was referring to Paula Luz, the lesbian singer in the 80's who died of cancer sometime in the late 90's. Sharon was rumored to have a romantic relationship with her during their St. Paul days. Just saying. :)