Friday, July 28, 2006

SECRET Be Told

Filed under MADONNA | Friends | Madonnistas | Music | Movies


After months of waiting, I finally got my hands on Madonna's I'm Going To Tell You A Secret CD/DVD.





The CD contains the live audio recording of select songs from Madonna's 2004 Re-Invention Tour while the accompanying DVD is the documentary that premiered on MTV late last year and which I already saw last year through a 'bootleg' copy from my friend Jheck.

Like most of Madonna's fans everywhere, I can only wish that the CD contained ALL of the Re-Invention songs. Just the same, it's still great that Madonna finally has her own live CD (albeit some of the vocals have been pre-recorded). Meanwhile, though I have already seen the documentary directed by Jonas Akerlund (Ray of Light, Music), it was still exciting for me to watch it again, this time in much, much clearer definition. The DVD also offers never-before-seen footage of some behind-the-scenes moments during Madonna's Re-Invention Tour that were cut from the original TV broadcast.

Much like 1991's Truth Or Dare, the Secret documentary is amusing to watch if only to see how the 'Madonna machine' works especially in the stressful process of mounting a high-profile world tour. Say all you want against her, but there's no denying that Her Madgesty works hard for her money and works way harder for her fans! And amidst all that, she still finds time to have fun with her band, her dancers and most importantly, spend time with her family (her daughter Lourdes is just so precocious, her son Rocco is simply adorable and hubby Guy is well..., YUM!!!).

Now if only Madonna and Warner Records will finally release the entire Re-invention Tour concert video which all of us have been clamoring for for 2 years now, that would really be heaven. However, now that Madge has embarked on a new tour, this is turning more and more into just wishful thinking.


Anyway, I would like to thank my very good (new-found) friend, Benster for taking time to get me a copy of I'm Going To Tell You A Secret as well as the maxi-single CD of Get Together. You truly are 'Seattle's Best'! Who knew that I would find yet another fabulous 'sistah' through Madonna?! Can't wait for you to get here to Manila!






Can we get together,
I really, I really wanna be with you...

- Madonna, Get Together









Creative Commons License

2 comments:

Jose said...

It's been a long time since I listen to Madona, I think I liked her first two CDs and then that was it, I see you really like her. What is it about her that stands out in your opinion? I just wonder.

sineasta said...

elo rye! OT: you've been tagged! hehehe... see my blog post! *wink wink*