Friday, August 11, 2006

A BATTLE To Be Won


Filed under Blogging


This is a battle! A War! And the casualties could be your hearts and souls!
- Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society


Well, I'm just being a little dramatic...

I have recently decided to get on a battlewagon, so to speak, with just my blog as my ammunition. I am talking about Blog Explosion's Battle of the Blogs. And interestingly, despite my not-so-promising standing to date, I am enjoying the benefits of this harmless 'war'.





As of now, I have lost more battles than I won but it hasn't stop me from pitting my Material Boy against the others. I guess, Resiliency is my middle name.

Besides, I am reaping some benefits with this Battle. I get more credits, I get more traffic and I'm checking out really great blogs along the way. So at the end of the day, there are no losers. Talk about looking at the glass half-full?!?

Incidentally, I just realized that it has been exactly a year since I joined Blog Explosion and I am enjoying the ride so far...


And if at first you don't succeed,
here's some advice that you should heed...

-Madonna, Over & Over







Add to Technorati Favorites!


Creative Commons License

7 comments:

JC said...

i think you won a battle with me once....
nice blog...
Jesse

Glamorous Redneck said...

I love your blog! Such a cool name!

I agree about Battles, though. At first you get your butt whooped, but then you get your name out there a little bit and start winning. Good Luck!

*eLLe* said...

long time no ronda hehe :D

The Blogging Boss said...

keep battling, material boy. It is not about winning but getting your blog viewed and like you said, finding other blogs that you like.

The glass is always half full.

Anonymous said...

*Puts up her dukes*

Jay said...

You can't lose em all....

can you?

Anonymous said...

I noticed your blog a few months ago in a battle I was voting on. Most folks don't go for the light text on a black background, but truth be known I dig the layout you've got here. It's not too cluttered and easy to navigate. Not sure what your battle record is (should have looked seeing as how we're in a battle right now), but in the end it reall y is about the traffic. Just do me one favor... your blog is doing great. Make sure you don't start blogging for the sake of winning battles. Keep your focus on what you have to say, and you'll get to where you want to be.

Peace