Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Forever Your Child


Filed under Papa | Self | Music


It almost went by unnoticed and it did go by so fast...

Exactly a year ago, while an entire town and country from the other side of the world was mourning the devastation brought about by a hurricane, I and my family wept over our own tragic loss when Papa passed away.

And while we have practically moved on from his passing, we will never ever forget. Silently, in each of our own little way today, we paid tribute to the greatest man we have ever known and loved.

As I was listening to the latest CD I recently bought, I couldn't help but cry over one song that reminded me so much of my father and how he probably felt about me and vice versa...


Batang-bata ka pa
at marami ka pang
kailangang malaman at intindihin sa mundo...
Nagkakamali ka kung akala mo na
ang buhay ay isang mumunting paraiso lamang...

Batang-bata ka lang at akala mo na
na alam mo na ang lahat na kailangan mong malaman...
Tanggapin mo na lang ang katotohanan
na ikaw ay isang musmos lang na wala pang alam
makinig ka na lang...


Batang-bata ako nalalaman ko 'to
inaamin ko rin na kulang ang aking nalalaman at nauunawaan;
ngunit kahit ganyan ang kinalalagyan
alam ko na may karapatan ang bawat nilalang
kahit bata pa man...

Nais ko sanang malaman ang mali sa katotohanan
sariling pagraranas ang aking pamamagitan;
Imulat ang isipan sa mga kulay ng buhay
maging tunay na malaya
'sang katangi-tanging bata...

- APO Hiking Society, Batang-bata Ka Pa



I have come to realize that through all these years, despite everything I have done and achieved, in the eyes of my father, I will forever be a child...




* special thanks to the The Full Metal Photographer for the title photo...





Add to Technorati Favorites!


Creative Commons License

2 comments:

Full Metal Attorney said...

This use of the photo is authorized, since you linked back to me. Thanks!

Jose said...

Wow, I lost my Dad two years ago. He is greatly missed as he was a great man. Lately I been listening to a song in one of my CD's, "Dance With My Father Again" by Luther Vandross. It always makes me think of my dad. I really like your Blog and read it often, but I just can't get into Madonna. I'll come back and vistit though.