Thursday, June 29, 2006

Making Contact

Filed under Self | Movies


Almost a year ago, I blogged about the new pair of eyeglasses I got after my consultation with our company optometrist. Back then, I was only 'forced' to see her as part of our annual medical examination. This year, I was so looking forward to it since I've been wanting to have an excuse to get a new pair of spectacles.

As it turned out, I did not come out with a new pair of glasses but with my first set of contact lenses! Quite honestly, I've been thinking of getting one since the time I started having vision problems. Unfortunately, at that time, there were no available contacts for astigmatic people. Until toric lenses came out but then, I was no longer interested.

Well, after checking out the available new frames from the optometrist that weren't any good, I had to choose between sticking to my present glasses or graduating to wearing contacts. Obviously, I chose the latter and am now starting to get used to it.

I guess this is just in time for our weekend plans to finally get to see the much-awaited Superman Returns. Now, there'd be no glass frame to distract me from gawking over that super guy Brandon... Whew!


Click To Enlarge
click to enlarge


here I am, like a kid out of school,
holding hands with a god, I'm a fool;
when you look at me, quivering
like a little girl, shivering...










Creative Commons License

2 comments:

Jigs said...

If I was in your position, I would also use contacts but keep the glasses. Sometimes, contacts can be really irritating and it kinda makes your eyes tire easily. This is based from two of my siblings who wear contacts but still sport glasses from time to time. Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not a wearer of glasses or contacts, but I'm sure I'd go for the contacts too. It's really hot over here right now and whenever I wear my sunglasses they keep slipping off my nose.. lol

Thnx for visiting my blog :)
Mandy