Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Over The BORDERLINE


Filed under MADONNA | Music | Videos


Several months ago, I have heard that Rob Thomas, the former frontman for Matchbox 20, sang his own version of Borderline in one of his live performances to promote his solo album. At that time, my office PC did not have access to live audio or video streams so I was unable to hear nor see his take on Madonna's classic hit.

Finally, after a long time, I got the chance to download the said performance... and I love it! I normally cringe when I listen to other artists' cover of Madonna's songs but Rob sang it well and made it his own. I've also been a fan of Matchbox 20 and I think Rob has a distinct voice and to hear him sing a much-loved Madge classic is really very entertaining.

And for those who have not seen it yet, here it is for your viewing pleasure...



Many special thanks to fire_incarnate of Madonna Fanzine for this and many other videos I recently got a copy of



This is also my way of celebrating Madonna's birthday month (she's turning 48 on August 16th). I have also decided to play ONLY Madonna songs and videos on my iPod, DVD player and my PC Media player for the whole month of August. Yes, I am having my own Madonnathon! For the past several years, I have done so but only on the day of her birthday. But now, I have taken it to a whole new level!



...feels like I'm going to lose my mind,
you just keep on pushin' my love
over the Borderline...

-Madonna, Borderline









Add to Technorati Favorites!


Creative Commons License

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apprécier le jour. Ecouter la beaucoup de Madonna!

K

Me said...

Je suis desolee,
Je n' comprendez pas...

My French 101 came in handy...
LOLz!

Anonymous said...

lovely site! i attended the madonnathon 2 last year but i can't since i'll be out of the country during madonnathon 3. i guess i'll check this site again for what happened. -dearjessie-

Meredith said...

Awesome.
I love a good cover, and this ranks up there. thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is cool! I love his version!