Thursday, September 08, 2005

After Katrina



After being a little out of touch with what was going on in the world, I finally got to watch TV again and saw the news of the devastation of Hurricane Katrina.





It was heart wrenching to see how many people have been affected by the disaster and how many are still missing and believed to be dead. What was rather unfortunate was the fact that the authorities did little too late to help the victims.

It's stuff like this that help put my recent loss in a different perspective. I realize that all things considered, I am still lucky. My father passed away peacefully, with dignity and with his family beside him.

In any case, my heart goes out to those who have been affected by Hurricane Katrina. My thoughts and prayers are with you . . .


Click to Donate






Creative Commons License

1 comment:

Mama Mouse said...

I just wanted to stop and say thank you for stopping at my blog several times recently and for leaving such nice comments.

Coming to terms over the loss of a loved one can be difficult. I've been there ... I wish you well ... and send my prayers!

BA~~36