Monday, September 26, 2005

A Mighty BOND



I spent much of the weekend with some of my good friends from Male Bonding Philippines to celebrate the 1st Anniversary of our e-group (we've known each other longer). Given that we seldom get to meet anymore as a group as we each have our own lives to lead, it's always refreshing to once again have some fun bonding moments.

An impromptu group gathering happened during my father's wake a couple of weeks ago, but due to the somber mood at that time, it didn't count much as fun, understandably.

Anyways, along with two of our fabulous friends from San Francisco who are here on vacation, the celebration started with a dinner last Friday and culminated with an overnight outing on Saturday at a quaint resort in Cavite that turned out to be a fun experience.

Despite the fact that most of us were not at all intoxicated, we had a blast with a few parlor games cooked up by three of our resident game masters. Though most of it were more mind games than physical, it was exciting to see who among us were competitive and those who are just in it for the fun. We were divided into three groups: Kings, Jacks and Queens. I was one of the Queens . . . what a shocker!!!

After the games while the others took a dip in the pool, I played the board game TABOO with my my fellow Queens. It was my first time to play it and I really enjoyed the challenge. I did pretty well even though I gave answers that were either funny and ridiculous or just plain stupid! Well, what can I do? I'm a Taboo virgin! Hah!

Too bad my partner and I had to leave early in the morning since he had to report for work (yes, my Sunshine has a job now. Yey!). Still, however brief my chance to be with my MB friends had been, I am so glad we had that chance as it may take another long while before we do this again.


These pics were taken a long time ago. Photos from the anniversary dinner and outing will be posted as soon as they are available.



We could be friends, I'd even be your brother . . .





Creative Commons License

2 comments:

Mama Mouse said...

Oh how fun! Old friends getting together for a fun holiday! Do it is often as you can! Its so important!

I'm glad you all got together and bonded again!

San Francisco Guy said...

fabulous! wish you could join us for the 'stateside' version. thanks for the fun and the balaj!