Friday, September 23, 2005

What a WONDERful World



All the world’s waiting for you, and the power you possess
In your satin tights, fighting for our rights
And the old Red, White and Blue...


WONDER BOY Today, I am a happy person! A very good friend, San Francisco Guy helped me complete my DVD collection of my childhood favorite TV series WONDER WOMAN.

Needless to say, Wonder Woman is my pre-MADONNA idol. I can still remember how I eagerly awaited each week's episode of the series and made sure that I was home Wednesday evenings just to catch its airing. As a child, I fell in love with Lynda Carter/Diana Prince/Wonder Woman and secretly fantasized that I would also have her powers, my gender notwithstanding.


So it is of no surprise that when I learned that the TV series is being released on DVD, I just had to have a copy. Over the course of one year, in each of his almost-quarterly homecoming visits, my friend would bring home one season worth of Wonder Woman on DVD. And last night, upon his return, he surprised me with the 3rd and final season that will finally make my collection complete.




Sure, as an adult, I now find the series' plots lame and its special effects amusingly crude. Still, nostalgia rules and I am still enamored by what Wonder Woman represents . . . Empowerment.

So, I am now excited to spend the next few days watching the Season 3 DVD and fall in love with Wonder Woman for the nth time!






Creative Commons License


P.S. SanFo Guy, my heartfelt thanks and hugs. By now, I owe you a LOT!!! Mwah!

7 comments:

Mama Mouse said...

But you must remember that when Wonder Woman was a NEW series that WAS the state of the art special effects! LOL It looked great then ... but effects have evolved so much that it makes the old ones look almost cartoonish!

Enjoy your viewing! I loved Wonder Woman too ... even before the tv series I used to read the comic books!

San Francisco Guy said...

Lech1 Anong thank you-thank you...magbayad ka! Sabi sa yo, pahiram na lang ng sunshine mo no? Nyahahahahaha!!! Chareeeeng ever!!!

It is my most singular plasure to bring the DVDs to you. CHOS!

Me said...

BOB - Thanks for the link! It seems an interesting DVD! :D

MAMA M - Yep! The series' effects and stunts look rediculous now but I was amazed watching it when I was a kid! :D

MANDY - Okay, I'll let you forget you remember WW! Maybe it's her Magic Lasso! ;-)

SANFO GUY - I'll forever be indebted to you! Charos! LOLz! Mwah! :-*

jane said...

great graphics!

supermom_in_ny said...

Hey! When i was younger i wanted to be wonderwoman. I guess i had to settle for supermom..hehe.

Mike said...

Great Stuff

Anonymous said...

I used to watch WW with my Dad when I was a kid. I think that's why I'm a lesbian now. It's my root.

LOL! (Thats a "But I'm a Cheerleader" reference)