Saturday, August 27, 2005

In My Father's Eyes



Been to the hospital again to visit my father and was greeted with the good news that Papa will now be transferred from the Intensive Care Unit to a regular room due to his continous improvement. Now, the thought of us being able to bring him back home is no longer just wishful thinking!

My visit was also bittersweet as my dad was awake when I got there and not sleeping or drowsy as he usually was for the past 2 weeks. Though he still is not able to talk, I knew looking at his eyes that he was happy to see me.

And when he was trying to get back to sleep again, it was pretty obvious that he wanted me by his side and holding his hand because when I tried to excuse myself for a second, he opened his eyes again looking for me. So I held his hand until I was sure he was sound asleep. What a touching moment!

So, go ahead Papa. Sleep tight and rest. It's going to be a worthwhile fight ahead! And don't you worry, I'll hold your hand till the end . . .






Creative Commons License

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found you through Blog Advance... read your post further down about blog traffic sites... joined so many you forgot, eh? lol...
cya mate,

BA~~4

San Francisco Guy said...

you just made me miss my dad...lech! glad that yours is doing well!!!

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Me too.

I look forward to you telling us your father is fully recovered and sharing your precious time with you.

Whisper good wishes into his ears even while he sleeps.

God bless.

Mama Mouse said...

Hold your father closely ... love him as you do ... hold his hand and be with him as I know you will.

There is nothing more precious than the love shared between parent and child ...

I will hold him and you in my thoughts and send positive thoughts.

I haven't been able to hold my father's hand in over 40 years. Please hold your father's for me!

BA~~36

Joe said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. It was nice to hear that you held his hand until he went to sleep..It's only a gift that a son can give...