Monday, August 15, 2005

Just One Night Out of Life



It was a kind of night that I very much needed...

After days of restlessness, I decided to temporarily suspend my worries for one night and went out with my friends to the MADONNAthon2 party last Saturday.

I took the opportunity to meet up with fellow Madonniacs whom I have not seen in a while. It was indeed great to see Francis, AJ, Victor and Elg again! Who would've thought I'd miss these BITCHES?!? Hah!

I also saw other Club Madonna Philippines members, some I met for the first time that night, and had a fairly wonderful time!

Quite frankly, this year's party was not as amazing as I expected (based on last year's success) but it wasn't bad either. At least, we got to see some rare Madonna videos that pretty made up for a generally lame playlist by the club DJ. The crowd also was not as fun as the 1st Madonnathon (except for us definitely!) but I figured, the fact that there was an Early Madonna party the night before kind of cut down the number of people attending the Saturday night party.

It was a smart move by the DJ to eventually play Madonna's classic dance hits from the early part of her career that brought us back to the dancefloor. Clearly, the 80's MADONNA is still the most popular among the crowd since the whole club practically came to life only when the likes of Material Girl and Dress You Up started to play. True blue fans that we are, we had a blast mimicking some of Madonna's trademark moves until our feet gave up from heavy dancing!

As what we did last year, we wound down by having a very early breakfast in a nearby Wendy's with the almost-obligatory chit-chat on anything Madonna even if most our energy was already spent. Upon the strike of dawn, we finally decided to go home.

For what its worth, the Madonnathon party was a refreshing highlight of my weekend. To paraphrase Madge's hit,

"IT FREED MY SOUL!"


The rest of my Sunday was a different story though . . .







Creative Commons License


P.S. Elg promised to send me the photos he took of us that night and I will post it here as soon as I have them.

No comments: