Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Oh, Happy Day!

Today is a happy day!

I watched the telecast of the Golden Globe Awards today and I am glad to see that Brokeback Mountain won 4 awards (Best Picture, Best Director, Best Screenplay and Best Original Song). Alright, I have not seen the movie yet but from what I've read and heard, it is a really good film worth looking out for. And the fact that it's a gay-themed film, it's a must-see movie event for me this year. Movies like this don't come along too often (or at least as much as we would want to), so as a part of the LGBT community, I am bound to support it. Apparently, its Manila run would start on February 15. A perfect Valentine date movie!



Speaking of, I am also happy that Felicity Hoffman's performance in another LGBT film, TransAmerica was rewarded with a Best Actress trophy while Capote's Phillip Seymour Hoffman portrayal as gay writer Truman Capote was recognized with a Best Actor award.

And while we're on the subject of the Golden Globes, I also have a big smile on my face lately since I just got not one but 2 magazines with my beloved Madonna (herself a Golden Globe awardee) on the cover.






What a way to spend the eve of my birthday!!!


A smile... frozen in time...









Creative Commons License

2 comments:

San Francisco Guy said...

this is the best of the decade!

things you need to watch for:
a. heath taking his clothes...even though the camera is focused on jake.
b. jake sitting naked.
c. the tent scene where it first happens.
d. both boys jumping into the river naked.
e. jake and heath kissing...not once but at least three times...on the lips.
f. the motel scene of jake and heath (talk about HOT!)
g. when heath finds his and jake's shirt at jake's bedroom
h. the confrontation between jake and heath...specially about mexico.
i. the last scene which has something to do about the shirts.

IN SHORT, DO NOT BLINK AND LISTEN WELL.

Empress Maruja said...

oh god, i gotta scramble myself a date to watch this movie.