Wednesday, September 20, 2006

'Couch' Me As I Fall


Filed under Television


I have had a pretty hum-drum life for the past few months especially since My Sunshine left for overseas. Except for a few occassions when I had to go out and hang out with friends, I basically just stay at home when I'm not at work. And I once again realize that lazing around can actually be more tiring!

It's a good thing that an office colleague offered to lend me a DVD box set of CSI: Las Vegas so I can while away my time more amusingly. I was initially hesitant to take her up on her offer since as I have intimated in a previous post, I'm not exactly a fan of drama shows with a scientific, medical or science fiction theme. But after I got hooked on watching another show, House which is a hospital drama, I decided to bring home the CSI DVD set.

Lo and behold, just like with House, I almost immedately fell in love with CSI! I am amazed at how innovative the show was in dramatizing different criminal cases and the awesome ways the CSI team manages to solve the mysteries surrounding them. I can't believe that I let years pass by before I got on the CSI bandwagon and now, I have a lot of catching up to do!

After a couple of weekends of doing a virtual CSI marathon, I'm now in the middle of the show's 4th season and I can't seem to let up. I have fallen for the whole CSI team: from the stoic Grissom (William Petersen), the maternal Willows (Marg Helgenberger), the hunky Warrick (Gary Dourdan) & Stokes (George Eads), the serious babe Sidle (Jorja Fox) and my favorite cool geek Greg Sanders (Eric Szmanda). I practically blush everytime he's on a scene!


On the side, I have also began watching another hit show, Grey's Anatomy (as suggested by a friend) and this has also piqued my interest for it's Ally McBeal-in-a-hospital-setting drama. Much has been said about its hunky character Dr. McDreamy (Patrick Dempsey) and his lovestruck intern Dr. Grey (Ellen Pompeo) but so far, I'm really loving the character of Dr. George O'Malley (T.R. Knight) for his lovable insecurities and his torpe-ish attitude towards Dr. Grey. He's such a teddy bear and I could probably hug him all day and let him feel better about himself.


So, I still have several more CSI and Grey's episodes to catch before I go back watching the 2nd season of House that will surely keep me practically glued to my couch.

Anything to ground me in my apartment... who knew trying to be faithful would be this difficult?!?!?

Go figure...


In order to move fast,
You gotta go slow...

- Gil Grissom, C.S.I.










Add to Technorati Favorites!


Creative Commons License

No comments: