Saturday, September 30, 2006

In The Dark


Filed under Life | News


Manila has been in the dark for the past 2 days...

On Thursday, typhoon Milenyo ('Millenium') slammed into the Philippines affecting most part of Luzon including Metro Manila and practically wreaked havoc everywhere it landed on. This was the strongest typhoon Manila has experienced in a while with its strong winds and heavy rains causing trees to topple and giant billboards to collapse with quite a number of people dead, scores injured and all pretty much shook up.

While most of us got out of it unscathed, we now have to deal with a life in the dark, literally! Power has been down for the past 2 days: no TV, no DVD, no refrigerator, no electric fan and no lights! Thank God for my ever reliable iPod and my constant companion, my cellphone, I can still amuse myself and not get bored in these powerless days.


And just in time before batteries for both gadgets get drained, I'm off to work and re-charge them in our generator-powered office. This is the first time in years that going to work's been worthwhile!

Last I heard, we still have to spend another day with no electricity unless Meralco delivers its promise to have power restored sooner than expected. Meanwhile, my cellphone is now fully charged again and my pod is ready with its recently added playlist! Just play along...


Swaying room as the music starts,
...making the most of the dark...

- Madonna, Crazy for You









Add to Technorati Favorites!


Creative Commons License

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Interesting site, blogexplosion brought me here.

stickboybob said...

maddona?
ack!