Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Man, I'm Stoned!


Filed under Self Health


In a few hours, I will be off to Makati Medical Center to admit myself in preparation for my scheduled surgery Wednesday. I'll be undergoing an Open Cholecystectomy, or in layman's term, Gallbladder Removal.

A few months ago in the pre-employment medical exams for the cruise liner I'm applying for, I found out through an ultrasound exam that I have gallstones. And though these are not life-threatening, I was advised to have them removed as soon as possible so I can be cleared medically (otherwise, I won't be allowed to be deployed and board the ship).

Anyways, I'm not exactly nervous about the operation since it's pretty much a routine procedure for doctors and this is actually my second time to have open surgery. What I'm anxious about is that I'll have to live with yet another scar on my once-flawless body (hah!). I already have one on the right side of my waist and now, I'll have another one on my tummy. Darn!

Vanity can be really punishing sometimes...








Add to Technorati Favorites!


Creative Commons License

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi baby brother! I send you wishes of good health, a smooth surgery today & recovery for the coming days. I'd like to be by your side right now but I believe I'll be seeing you very soon... even if I have to fly to the east coast to do so. I love you, bunso! Hugs & kisses from your sister,
Oding

Unknown said...

that's the spirit Yan! sisiw lang yan... and the scars? don't worry about them, ask Oding, i'm sure she has the solution. You're both vain kasi! i'm w/ you in prayers kaya pagaling ka agad. i luv u Bunso! >ate