Friday, October 24, 2008

I'm A Songer... Believe It Or Not!



Of the many great things I experienced as a seafarer, probably the one that tops my list is the amazing opportunity to do the one thing I've always dreamt of doing...

Performing in front of a crowd...

I'm not much of a singer but I do try...

And onboard the m/s Rotterdam, I did have the chance to participate regularly in The Filipino Crew Show. The show that is being staged almost every cruise with non-professional performers from the Filipino community working in the ship.

I knew about this gig even before I boarded my first vessel and was actually looking forward to it. And I volunteered to sing one song on the first chance I got... this was around November last year.

And I'm glad to say that since then, I was always given a slot on the show for at least one song.

I was even lucky enough to find a duet partner for what would be a second song which, and I say this with as much modesty as I can, always pleased our audience.

A few months ago, I posted on my Multiply site a video snippet of one of my performances. This is the duet I always performed with my colleague and friend Kristine a.k.a. Liam.


The feedback has been nice and I was told (by my sisters, no less!) that I should post an entire performance so as not to make it 'bitin'..


So here it is, a full video of our interpretation of the song 'The Prayer' which will always be one of the highlights of my 11-month stay in the Rotterdam...

Please bear with the not-so-clear vid...

And please bear with us... we're not professionals, remember?!

And please do enjoy...







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

here i go again... nothing to say but "galing...galing...galing 'no?...galing d ba?... GALEEEEENNNNGGGG!!!
and as usual, you made m cry again bby bro. i am ur biggest fan talaga. so proud to be ur ate. i love you bunso!

ZabPrince said...

nice one rocs.. I think I have heard about this before but never had a chance to see and listen until now..