Friday, October 31, 2008

Dear Uncle Sam...,



Madonna once said that "Rejection is the greatest aphrodisiac."

And boy, do you have that hold on me...

You denied me entry once last year and it almost broke my heart...

A denial that almost derailed my plans...

A rejection that almost snuffed my dreams...


But I moved on...

Another opportunity came and it lead me to somewhere else...

Places I did not expect I'd be in...

Places I now realized held more allure and excitement than I ever imagined...

And I came back with the experience you said I lacked deeming me unworthy of your approval...


But still, I longed for your nod...

So much that the mere thought of another rejection frightened me to bits...


And that moment came when I had to present myself to you again...

And I'm so glad you softened up...

And you made it a whole lot easier for me...

And now you said 'Yes'...

And I have that feeling that you need me now more than I needed you then...


And now my plans are back on track...

And now my dreams can keep on dreaming...


For that, I thank you...


No comments: