Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Color Me Spot-ful



I've had the DVD copy of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind for several weeks already but I never got the chance (or the mood?) to watch it. Until yesterday.

It's a very well made film and it employed quite an ingenious way of telling the story: in reverse. It made sense since it is about a man who undergoes a procedure to remove a woman from his memory. But in order to do that, he needed to remember every moment he had with her, from the most recent back to the time they met so his brain could be "mapped". Though the film is a bit confusing in the beginning, it gets better once you get the hang of the story.

Watching this movie, I couldn't help but remember a guy friend who once told me that if only there was a pill that will make anyone forget a person or an event, it would be the best selling medicine ever! A reasonable prediction!

But would I take this pill to remove some of my bad memories?
Maybe not. Who knows what other stuff it could erase from my puny fabulous brain?

I have so much good memories to cherish and preserve, enough to dwarf the bad ones!



Blessed are the forgetful for they get the better even of their blunders.


1 comment:

nh said...

that is my all time favorite movie. i could watch it everyday till i die.