Monday, June 27, 2005

Ray of WHITE



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Weeks before, I had already planned to be at the annual White Party in Malate. With my fellow Madonniacs joining in, I had a feeling that this year's party will be a bit more special. Unfortunately, my Sunshine had to beg off as he had to recuperate from his visit with his dentist.

Coming from Las Pinas after attending a last-minute despedida for a balikbayan friend US-bound in a few hours, I arrived at the Orosa strip a little before midnight and received an amazing welcome of divine proportion. How so, you ask?

While frantically looking for my friends Francis, AJ , Victor and my roommate Rolf among the sweaty crowd, the speakers started to blast the intro to my ultimate favorite Madonna dance track, Ray of Light. And as if the Powers That Be guided me, I found myself already in the company of the MadPack when the first lines of the song was sung.

In all fairness, Bituin Escalante gave a justified Ray of Light rendition with a voice so much better than Madonna's (albeit her ridiculous use of her palms as an idiot board and sans the trademark Madonna attitude). With a few go-go boys (with wings!) as her back up dancers, the performance was nothing short of HEAVENly and was an apt start for a fun night.

I also saw a few other friends that night including some I have not seen in a very long time. Like A Reunion!

We capped the night like a Breakfast Club with a post-party meal in a Chinese resto. Our feet tired, our stomachs crumbling but our spirits renewed, we took that opportunity to finally have a conversation without having to scream above loud music.

And I feel like I just... Got home a little after dawn and with so much that happened that night, and the beautiful people I saw, the one thing that was still in my head was that song, Ray Of Light. Well . . .


No comments: