Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The Hot Elder



Q: Do you believe in a God?
A:You mean, other than MADONNA? Uhmm, yes!
- Latter Days


Image hosted by Photobucket.com Today, my partner and I watched for the nth time, our favorite among the movies we've seen last year, Latter Days. Much has been said about this movie; by friends, film critics and gay-themed film aficionados. But for us, it will remain as the film that "saved" our relationship.

Without getting into details, there was a time in over a year of being together when he went through a personal crisis that almost jeopardized the relationship. The fighter that I am, I had no intention whatsoever to let him go. Yet, I gave him the space he needed to think things through.


To cut the story short, I suggested he watch the DVD to give him a better perspective on what he was going through with the hope that he'd, to be blunt... snap out of it. True enough, it worked like a charm! And now, there's no looking back . . . hopefully!

In honor of Steve Sandvoss, one of the leads in Latter Days who has become one of my Sunshine's ultimate crushes, here are just some of his pics we found in the net . . .

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Guilt distracts us from the greater truth!!!


3 comments:

The other me said...

Perhaps a blunt question but is your partner by any chance mormon? Is he planning to go on a mission? I only ask as I am a mother of a gay son and I am alos mormon...he fought such demons in his life with fear of telling me one of his greatest fears, he thought for sure I would tell him of hell, hate him, turn my back on him and this is by far the thing that made me most sad...he is my son, he is perfect, I knew who he was and what he is from the very beginning and I had to ask him and then tell him just how nothing would ever change how proud of him I was. If your partner is trying to keep from HIS family who he is and what he feels he might just discover that actually they know more than he thinks and they will never stop loving and supporting him. Of course, I might be very wrong and just overly sensitive to sons who fight demons when there none to be fought. Helen.

Me said...

Thanks Helen! No, my partner is not mormon but his religion also despises our kind of lifestyle (well, which doesn't anyway?).

But, fortunately, he's slowly realizing that in essence, there is nothing wrong in who and what we are.

I admire your candor and I salute you for being such a wonderful and compassionate mother. I am lucky to have a mother who like you, accepted me for who I am and continued to love me even now that she's no longer with us.

People like you make this world such a lovely place to live in!

Hugs and Kisses to you!

The other me said...

I have the hardest time accepting that the God I love and know would turn aside anyone who He created for being true to himself ( or herself) I fight tooth and nail for my boy when people ( under the guise of religion) say that he is wicked and will 'cast out'....he is kind, loyal, loving, funny, hardworking.......no loving God would turn him away for living the way he was made, I KNOW it wasn't choice, this is who he is and I have yet to meet anyone who isn't instantly enamoured of him. I am proud to be his mother and feel nothing but huge sadness for any parent who can't see that sexuality is a tiny aprt of a person, not who they are. I wish you great joy with your love, be kind to each other and true to yourselves, Helen.