Monday, November 14, 2005

DIVAs' Weekend



The past weekend proved to be one weekend with my ultimate DIVAS!

Friday evening was a night we Madonniacs have been waiting for when MADONNA's album Confessions on a Dance Floor was officially launched through an all-night party in Government Bar. The theme of the night was pink or fuschia. Devout Madonnaphiles that we are, we trooped to the bar garbed in all forms of pinkness! I myself had to buy a new shirt just for the party and it was all worth it! (In the pic, I was no longer wearing pink since I already took my sweat-soaked pink shirt off after the party)

After a brief program involving a video presentation of a retrospective Madonna tribute courtesy of our website clubmadonna.ph and a quick video greeting from Madonna herself, we all had the chance to finally hear all the tracks in her new album and by all accounts, it is very, very promising. Of the 12 tracks in Confessions..., the stand outs are Hung Up, Sorry, Future Lovers, Jump, Isaac and Push. My instant love for the album was so much that I could not believe I had to wait 2 more days before I get hold of my own copy of the CD! Well...

Soon after the last album track was played, the DJ kicked in a slew of Madonna's past hits that drove the whole party crowd crazy! It was exhaustingly fantastic! This is my third time to attend an all-Madonna party and I don't think I'll ever tire of doing it!




As if the Madonna album launch was not enough, a fellow Madonnamaniax was kind enough to give me a CD of yet another favorite diva of mine, Megastar Sharon Cuneta. It is the 1990 album For Broken Hearts Only which to this date is still one of my most loved Sharon albums. I have a copy this but in the old cassette form and since I do not have a working cassette player anymore, it's been ages since I last heard this album. I took the opportunity while I still do not have Madonna's Confessions to play Sharon's lovely renditions of Now That You're Gone, Hindi Na Muli and Hanggang Kailan Kita Mamahalin. Truly, a Mega-Divine weekend!


Speaking of divas, a friend of mine (a diva in his own right) treated us to a birthday dinner on Saturday night with our friends from MB Philippines. As always, it's such a nice time when we get together for some rare night-out. And for this, THANKS, WOOKIE for the sumptuous meal! Again, Happy Birthday . . . Mwah!

Today, I finally claimed my pre-ordered copy of Confessions on a Dance Floor and I am now playing it non-stop! And each time, I am loving the album more and more and more and more and . . .


Now I can see things for what they really are
I guess I'm not that far
I'm at the point of no return
Just watch me burn









Creative Commons License

5 comments:

ElovesU said...

WOW, ive never been to a MODONNA party but that sounds promiseing...

ELMO

loves from elmo

APoY said...

Good goin' Material Boy - sounds like you had a fabbo time at the party. I'm going to a Madonna launch tomorrow night here in Australia. So discotastically excited. To think, all those fans in one place...I can't wait!

Hope you don't mind me linking here but my review of her ace new album can be found at:

http://a-world-amused.blogspot.com/2005/11/confessions-of-madonna-fan.html

I know I'm a little biased (ok - SEVERELY biased), but 'Confessions' is a damn fine album... She's baaaaaaack! And how!!!

'Wrestle with your darkness...Angels call your name."

A Para//el Maddie fan from way down under : I AM.

Anonymous said...

I am in love with Confessions. I love Hung Up, Sorry, I Love New York, Let it Will Be, Isaac and Push. Actually, there isn't anything on this CD I don't like! Madonna is back!!

APoY said...

Ok - briefly, my Heavenly Seven (from 'Confessions') are:

1)Push
2)Isaac
3)Like It Or Not
4)Sorry
5)Future Lovers
6)Jump
7)How High

Ladies & Gentlemen...the undisputed DANCE/SING Queen of Pop has re-entered the disco!

By the way - There's rumours of a remixed Confessions album coming out for Christmas! Yipee!

A Para//el Pose-striker : I AM

Me said...

Thanks for the comments:

ELMO: You should try going to a Madonna party! It's gonna be fun!

PARALLEL: Nice to see you here again! Glad you loved the album...but then again, how could you NOT? It's just FAB!

HEATHERANNE: Nice to see another Madonna admirer! YEZ, Madonna is indeed back!

BOB G: Yes, it was fun! And yes, we can also be called Madonnaphiles (like an audiophile or . . . pedophile, hahaha)!

Much love,
Rocco