Thursday, November 03, 2005

A Hallowing Weekend



It's been days since I last made an entry and now after a long weekend, I'm back with (to borrow from SNL) my Weekend Update.

Click for the Hung Up Video 1. Last Thursday, I had the chance to finally see MADONNA's latest video Hung Up, the lead-off single for her upcoming album Confessions on a Dance Floor. Given that there has been a considerable hype surrounding the premiere, I somehow found the video a bit of a letdown. Sure, Madonna pulled off her dance sequences really well (her 'healing' bones notwithstanding), but the over-all feel of the song was somehow lost in the video. I guess I just expected too much. But I'll give it some more viewing, then maybe I'll like it more and more...


2. I had dinner with my friends on Saturday in honor of our fellow MB Philippines member Kim's birthday. Afterwards, we went to Malate for the annual Halloween street party. We had such a blast watching a number of guys, girls and queers in different costumes and make up as they paraded with amusing gusto. It was also my first time in a long while to dance my heart out. In typical fashion, we almost raced to the dance floor when Mariah's We Belong Together started playing. And as to bid me adieu, when Sunshine already prompted for us to go home since he had work the next morning, the DJ suddenly played Hung Up. What a way to end my night!

3. Yesterday, to commemorate All Souls' Day, I paid my respects to my parents and twin brother by visiting their resting place. As expected, it was quite an experience as I joined the crowds (with flowers and candles in hand) in the traditional trek to the cemetery. I was supposed to go with my brother but that plan fell through and I ended up going there alone. I stayed there for about an hour to pray for Papa, Mama & Ron John and reminisce those times that I was lucky enough to have with them.


And now, I'm back once again at work looking forward to another long weekend this Friday. Though there are no plans to go out, I can't wait to just spend that time at home for a well deserved rest...

...in the arms of unconsciousness.






Creative Commons License

No comments: