Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A Page-turner...



How do you see yourself in 5 years?

Ask me that question in a job interview and I probably would have a quick answer like a Miss Universe finalist being asked for 'the essence of being a woman'... World Peace! Aaaaayyyy!!!!

But having to answer that question just recently with a B.S.-less and an honest-to-goodness response made me realize that I have no clue whatsoever!

PAGE OF WANDS Over a week ago, I had my first Tarot Card reading session with my Seer-in-training friend Victor (during our post-AJ's birthday dinner/coffee get-together). I was a bit hesitant at first to know what lies ahead for me but after Victor assured me that he won't say anything that might scare the bejesus out of me, I agreed.

Of the tarot cards that were laid out, the most prominent was the Page of Wands along with other cards of the wands series. Basically, Victor's reading of it (as I understand it) was that I am 'DEDMA' to everything that come to me and that I still do not know what I want to do with my life due largely to the fact that I have not given myself time for any introspection.


Much as I wanted to disagree with his reading in an effort to save face (a 32-year old guy with no direction isn't exactly something to be admired!), I was so amazed at how precise the analysis was. Call it a wake-up call... but I sure was somehow enlightened.

I may not have learned what the future has to offer with regard to my career or my lovelife, I now realize that it all depends on me. When I will have the time and the mood to INTROSPECT, I honestly do not know. But I know it has to be soon!

But for now, ask me the same question that opened this entry...

How do you see yourself in 5 years?


Uhmm . . . , I'll be 37 years old!
I THANK YOU!



No comments: