Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Thin Line Between LOVE & HATE



I was surfing the net searching for Madonna avatars and I chanced upon a website dedicated to some serious but mostly ridiculous Madonna bashing.



I was initially irritated by what I read in the sites and had the urge to post my comment to defend my beloved Miss M. But good sense took over and I decided to just let it go and respect the site's existence. After all, we are still living in a free world!

MADONNA. Either you love her or hate her.

But as I used to say before, most of the time Hate is not the opposite of Love.

I am no psychologist but I think that passionately hating someone is just a reflection of your subconscious love toward that person, only with bitterness for one reason or another. And to spend time and exert so much effort to profess your hatred only goes to show that that person has a significant bearing on your whole being, admittedly or not.

Much like passionate homophobes are usually just closeted homosexuals themselves, I believe that the anti-MADONNAs (Madonnaphobes, if you will) are just closeted MADONNiAcs.

Only they do not know or would not want to admit it . . . yet!


2 comments:

Ria Jose said...

I used to hate Madonna. Now I love her.

Me said...

I'm glad you found the light Ria! :)